Re: MC doesn't edit files on remote file systems (e.g. ssh) if external editor is used

On Thu, 6 Jul 2017, Pavel Moukhataev via mc wrote:

mc doesn't edit files on remote file systems - e.g. ssh vfs.It allows browsing, allows editing, allows saving file after editing. But it doesn't actually save file. After refreshing (Control+R) I see previous file version.

The way it works is that mc downloads the file locally, opens it in the editor, and then, when the editor is done, it uploads it back again.

If you still see the old file, check if you have write permissions on the target file system. I've just tested it with FISH & built-in editor, and it works for me..

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev