Re: Switch between custom layouts

On Wed, 8 Feb 2017, Toby wrote:

I looked in the F1 help system, but I could only find Alt-T, which cycles between one custom layout and three default layouts.

I *think* it is a far as it gets, and the problem here, I believe, is not so much the shortcut, but rather that you want to cycle through the history of custom layouts (which is not so great, because there is no good way to forget bad ones), or, say, have the possibility to define more than one "active" custom layout to cycle through. The current system assumes that your preferred custom layout is whatever you entered last in the edit box and that's it. You need to define some way to say "but I want to include this and that as well".

If not, is there a way to add my own hotkey? Maybe using some sort of plugin or macro system?

I'm afraid at this point it's either to hack the source code i.e. to consider history, or else write a small custom mc^2 snippet in Lua where you'd hardcode custom layouts you want to cycle through (or not so small one providing full layout collection management GUI).

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev