Re: Help testing the pre-release of mc-4.8.18

On Tue, 27 Sep 2016, Paul Marwick wrote:

I can't say I was having any major problems with 4.8.17, though there was a second release from the Arch maintainer a few days ago with a couple of patches applied.

I'm very grateful to the distro maintainers for adding patches to address our screw-ups which have got uncovered after the release, but ideally there should be simply less of those in my opinion.

I've built the package and have it running. So far, its working just fine. Are there any specific problems you would like checked? I use fish a lot (both within my own network and for remote work on customer sites), I use the editor and viewer and I make a great deal of use of the VFS support.

Thank you for your feedback! This sounds good.

I'm particularly worried about builds on platforms that we aren't regularly using ourselves (non-Linux), like FreeBSD, Solaris, etc.

Anyways, so far it appears that there doesn't seem to be any serious regressions, so we'll probably release 4.8.18 in the days to come...

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev