display thousands separator in file size

Hello,

is there a simple way how I could modify the code, so that file size
displayed in mc has thousands separator?

I am using thousands separator with ls, and it hugely increases readability:

  BLOCK_SIZE="'1" ls -lAF

i.e. it takes couple of seconds to see the magnitude of a number like
this: 85249204057. Whereas the magnitude of a number with thousands
separators is immediately obvious: 85,249,204,057

Cheers,