Re: Midnight Commander 4.8.16 released

On 2016-03-13 23:42, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:
On Sun, 13 Mar 2016, Mike wrote:

Compiled fine over here, Arch 4.3.3. Lotsa unreachable code (maintenance release). No issues yet.

Sounds like you still have GCC 4.5 or even earlier (surprising, given that you're running Arch). It is known to spew tons of false-positive unreachable code warnings. We test with GCC 4.6 and later on Travis, and it reports no errors.
Hm. Now that you mention, I have 3.4.1 here. Newest is 5.3.0. I still have good old 2.96 on my other box. Maybe I'll upgrade... :) Thanks for noticing, I thought this one was a bit funny.

The find dialog looks good, simpler can always be better. The find dialog results box still needs that title-content patch.

Hmmm... let's see what we can do about this one.

It's a simple patch and could involved a smidgen of cleanup. The funcs should pass arguments and not use that global.

If I have more than 1 find dialog open, this patch shows which is doing what, otherwise it's a guess what they were looking for, or have to repeat the search. I get interrupted a lot. Phone, kids, you know...

Thanks again for the under-appreciated hard work.

Happy spring.

--
Peace and Cheer