Re: Midnight Commander 4.8.16 released

Compiled fine over here, Arch 4.3.3. Lotsa unreachable code (maintenance release). No issues yet.

The find dialog looks good, simpler can always be better. The find dialog results box still needs that title-content patch. https://www.midnight-commander.org/attachment/ticket/3453/patch01-find.c-find-file-title-content.diff. I'm down to 3 patches from 15-20 with 4.6.

Thank you very much.

On 2016-03-13 11:49, solarflow99 wrote:
You actually got it to build, it was complaining for me glibc had to be newer than 2.26, and nothing has that yet.  thx for the package builds.

On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 11:32 AM, Laurent Wandrebeck <l wandrebeck quelquesmots fr> wrote:
Le samedi 12 mars 2016 à 22:18 +0100, Yury V. Zaytsev a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm delighted to announce the availability of the new mc-4.8.16! This
> is
> a maintenance release that includes a large number of bugfixes and a
> few
> minor new features.
>
> Amongst the most user-visible changes, we have improved on the
> usability
> (hopefully!) of the "Find File" dialog: the unsymmetrical "Search for
> content" checkbox is now gone; instead, leave the field empty and
> notice
> how related checkboxes will be automatically deactivated. To remind
> you,
> Ctrl+w clears the editboxes and Meta+h triggers the history drop-
> down,
> these are very handy shortcuts to make the most out of the new
> dialog.
>
> For a detailed list of changes since the last version, please refer
> the release notes.
>
> Download page: http://ftp.midnight-commander.org/?C=N;O=D
> Release notes: http://www.midnight-commander.org/wiki/NEWS-4.8.16
>
> This release was made possible thanks to the heroic work of Andrew
> Borodin, a steady stream of fixes by Andreas Mohr, and contributions
> from Mooffie of our friendly Lua-enabled fork fame (check it out!).
>
> Finally, I would like to thank everybody who has contributed to this
> release, including our dedicated translators, and to remind you that
> we
> are still very much underpowered to carefully review and integrate
> patches in a timely manner, process bug reports and generally improve
> on
> our code base.
>
> Enjoy!

Hi Yuri, all.

First, thanks to all of you for that release.

I’ve updated « my » packages on OpenSuSe Build Service to 4.8.16
for the following distros:

CentOS and Scientific Linux 6 i586 and x86_64.
CentOS and Scientific Linux 7 x86_64.
Fedora 20, 21, 22, i586 and x86_64.

I’ve used official tar.xz package, and mc was built with the
following options:
        --with-screen=slang \
        --enable-charset \
        --without-x \