Re: Using trash on MacOS Homebrew

On 8/23/16, Joseph Reagle <joseph 2011 reagle org> wrote:

For the time being, and if I remember, I type `trash`, mark the files, and
then `ctrl+x t` to paste them.

It'd be easier to add the command to the user menu (that's <f2>).

(BTW, passing gazillion files to the shell with `ctrl+x t` hangs MC.
At least on my system.)

I wish I could map F8 to a user supplied command.

You can do this in mc^2. Here's a little snippet to make <f8> use 'trash':

    https://gist.github.com/mooffie/4111a39e18934e2b4e7001c1c0cd3213

(BTW, I know of a homebrew user who installed mc^2 by slighthly
modifying Formula/midnight-commander.rb)