Re: Using trash on MacOS Homebrew

On Tue, 23 Aug 2016, Joseph Reagle wrote:

On 8/23/16 12:44 PM, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:
Sadly, I don't think there is anything you can do other than using
libtrash or the like, but I'm not sure whether libtrash has been even
ported to macOS.

Not that I could see. I wish I could map F8 to a user supplied command.

Have a look at the mc.default.keymap : you can't exactly map Delete to a custom command, but, at least, you can unmap it, so that you don't trigger it accidentally. Of course, you can patch delete_cmd() in mc sources, but that requires... err... patching.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev