Installation of mc from git clone

Hello. first time for me with mc code, I want to learn and write patches as many more features I'd like to see in mc.

I've wrote an Issue, I didn't found the ./Configure script inside the git source.

aborodin answered me to use autogen.sh.

I run it successfully and then, by instructions I run make.
make returned:

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

what did I did wrong? or what did i forgot?
Where can I find instructions for install of mc using the git clone?

Thank you,
In advance,
ET.