Re: Installation of mc from git clone

On Tue, 13 Aug 2013 20:06:34 +0300 you wrote:
aborodin answered me to use autogen.sh.

I run it successfully and then, by instructions I run make.
make returned:

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

what did I did wrong? or what did i forgot?

In order to build mc from scratch, you should run following commands

./autogen.sh
./configure <with-your-options>
make
make install

For development purpose, to get rid of install built mc into real system,
you can install it into temporary directory. For reference:

SRC_ROOT="$PWD"
BUILD_ROOT="$SRC_ROOT/BUILD_ROOT"
INSTALL_ROOT="$BUILD_ROOT/INSTALL_ROOT"

OPTIONS="list-your-mc-options-here"

rm -f $SRC_ROOT/configure
rm -fR $BUILD_ROOT
mkdir -p $BUILD_ROOT

pushd $BUILD_ROOT

$SRC_ROOT/autogen.sh \
&&
$SRC_ROOT/configure $OPTIONS \
        --enable-maintainer-mode \
        --prefix=$INSTALL_ROOT \
&&
make all install

popd

BUILD_ROOT is a root of building tree. It allows you build mc out of source
tree. INSTALL_ROOT is a root where built mc is installed.

--
Andrew