Re: Remapping keyboard shortcuts

On Tue, 2 Oct 2012 09:23:08 +0200 Marco wrote:

First of all, what version of mc do you use? Show the result of mc -V.

What terminal emulator do you use? Show 'echo $TERM' and 'stty -a'.

What keyboard layout do you use, QWERTY or something else?

I'm not familiar with terminal setup, but seems ctrl-j cannot be
used in mc because it is intercepted by terminal. Terminal gets
ctrl-j and sends NL to the program.

I don't think it's a terminal issue. To verify that I mapped the

To verify that run 'cat' in clear terminal and press keys that you're interested.
Show results here.

commands alt-i and alt-o to Up and Down. There keys are definitely
interpreted by MC. What I did:

[panel]
Down = ctrl-j; alt-i
Up = ctrl-k; alt-o

and I removed all other bindings to ctrl-j, ctrl-k, alt-i and alt-o.
The result:

ctrl-j  - prints the highlighted file name on the terminal

What is it? How it looks?

ctrl-k  - apparently nothing
alt-i   - usual mapping (change directory of other panel)
alt-o   - moved the cursor *DOWN* (Note: it is mapped to âUpâ)

That's very strange.

What is the proper way of unbinding? Deleting the entire entry,
setting it empty (e.g. Down = )?

Set empty.

--
Andrew