Re: mc 4.7.5.2 always exits to its starting directory

 Is this a 4.7.5.2 bug/feature, or a quirk of the mentioned build?

This is done on purpose.

Fedora packages source a wrapper script to start mc that remembers the
current directory before actually launching the program, so that after
you quit mc your pwd is restored.

I see.

OK, I'll run the binary mc directly. I suppose it's of no purpose discussing why such changes are made, the
rules of the list prevent me from expressing my thoughts about this.

Thanks.
Sincerely,
Konstantin