Re: ipv6 in mc

On Fri, 2011-07-01 at 09:53 +0300, Kevin Wilson wrote:
Hello,
Enter the hostname and connect just as usual. Doesn't it work for you?
No, it does not work; see details below.
My IPV6 fixes have made it into master already, so it should work.
I know; it is inside, though something goes wrong. see below.As I said, I
 have fedora 15 with mc-4.7.5.2-1 (which comes with Fedora 15 distribution).
In:
/usr/share/doc/mc-4.7.5.2/NEWS
there is a line saying:
" FTPFS: support of IPv6 protocol"
(in the section: Version 4.7.0-pre2).

Hi!

The bug which caused mc to be unable to access to ipv6 hosts by IP
address has been fixed in the master branch, please note that you have
to use square brackets ( like [this] ) around the IP address, because
otherwise parts of it are indistinguishable with the port number...

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev