Re: ipv6 in mc

Hello,
Enter the hostname and connect just as usual. Doesn't it work for you?
No, it does not work; see details below.
My IPV6 fixes have made it into master already, so it should work.
I know; it is inside, though something goes wrong. see below.As I said, I
 have fedora 15 with mc-4.7.5.2-1 (which comes with Fedora 15 distribution).
In:
/usr/share/doc/mc-4.7.5.2/NEWS
there is a line saying:
" FTPFS: support of IPv6 protocol"
(in the section: Version 4.7.0-pre2).

  I did this simple test on a Fedora machine:
  1) start vsftpd service.
  2) su kevin
  3) make sure that ftp server runs ok:
  ftp 127.0.0.1 , then enter user:kevin, passwd.
  4) it worked (running commands like "ls" is fine)
  5) tried from mc:
  FTP link: (from the left pane submenu)
  enterd 127.0.0.1 and it worked.
  Also kevin 127 0 0 1 worked.

  then I did this:
  1) Seup an IPV6 server
    (simply uncomment listen_ipv6=YES and commented  IPV4 listen entry
(listen=YES)
    in vsftpd.conf.)
  2) restart vsftpd service.
  3) su kevin
  4) make sure that ftp server runs ok with IPV6:
  ftp ::1 , then enter user:kevin, passwd.
  5) it worked (running commands like "ls" is fine)
  6) tried from mc:
  FTP link: (from the left pane submenu)
    when I enter ::1, or kevin@::1, I get these errors:
        Cannot chdir to  "/#ftp:::1"  or,
        in the second case,
        Cannot chdir to  "/#ftp:kevin@::1"
        I also tried with :1, which is not supposed to work and also got an error

Any ideas? does it work for anybody here with these/other settings ?
rgs,
Kevin

--
Sincerely yours,