Re: sftp

I currently am trying version 4.7.5 which I compiled from source that I downloaded last night.

Currently what happens is it connects asks for the password after I enter the password it hangs.

I believe the server is Ubuntu 8.10 but I am not sure, it is not my server.

I think I found the problem but am not sure.

I have sftp access to the server but not ssh access.

Here is the problem I think. Does Fish require full ssh access for file transfer? That would explain why MC hangs and the other programs that use actual sftp from the command line do not

Thanks,

Fr. Robert Bower
Batushka's Web Hosting&  Design
frrobert batushkas com