sftp

I am trying to connect with sftp in Midnight commander.

When I connect with the shell link that is when the problem starts.

If I use the version that comes with Ubuntu 10.04 MC asks for the password. I type it in and it acts like I entered the wrong password.  It just keeps asking for the password.

I am able to connect using the command line, nautilus, and gnome commander.

I downloaded the latest and greatest version and compiled from source. Now when I try to connect after I enter the password it just hangs.

Any one else seen this?
--
Thanks,

Fr. Robert Bower