Re: Midnight Commander is my favorite FTP tool But is SFTP possible??

* Paul Hartman <paul hartman+gentoo gmail com> [110808 11:23]:
On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Keith Roberts <keith karsites net> wrote:
On Sat, 6 Aug 2011, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:

To: jtwdyp ttlc net
From: Yury V. Zaytsev <yury shurup com>
Subject: Re: Midnight Commander is my favorite FTP tool But is SFTP
possible??

On Sat, 2011-08-06 at 15:19 -0400, Joe Philbrook wrote:

Is this possible with MC?
If not are there any plans to implement such a thing??
It would be awesome...

Support for SFTP is being worked on right now by Ilya. I don't have any
ETAs, but there is code that is already functional in git, so it will be
shipped at some point.

I'm not sure what platform you are on, but while you are waiting there is
gFTP for Linux that supports FTPS, and on Windows there is WinSCP.

SFTP and FTPS are not the same thing, BTW. :)

FTPS is traditional FTP protocol with SSL-encrypted control channel
SFTP is SSH File Transfer Protocol, not related to traditional FTP
  Nautilus on gnome with ubuntu supports sftp. But alas, nautilus is
  not MC. I'm looking forward to mc sftp implementation.
  cheers
--
Tim
tim at johnsons-web dot com or akwebsoft dot com