Re: Midnight Commander is my favorite FTP tool But is SFTP possible??

On Mon, 8 Aug 2011, Paul Hartman wrote:

To: Mc gnome org
From: Paul Hartman <paul hartman+gentoo gmail com>
Subject: Re: Midnight Commander is my favorite FTP tool But is SFTP possible??

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Keith Roberts <keith karsites net> wrote:

To: jtwdyp ttlc net
From: Yury V. Zaytsev <yury shurup com>
Subject: Re: Midnight Commander is my favorite FTP tool But is SFTP
possible??

On Sat, 2011-08-06 at 15:19 -0400, Joe Philbrook wrote:

Is this possible with MC?
If not are there any plans to implement such a thing??
It would be awesome...

Support for SFTP is being worked on right now by Ilya. I don't have any
ETAs, but there is code that is already functional in git, so it will be
shipped at some point.

I'm not sure what platform you are on, but while you are waiting there is
gFTP for Linux that supports FTPS, and on Windows there is WinSCP.

SFTP and FTPS are not the same thing, BTW. :)

FTPS is traditional FTP protocol with SSL-encrypted control channel
SFTP is SSH File Transfer Protocol, not related to traditional FTP

OK. Thanks for pointing that out and correcting me on that Paul ;)

Kind Regards,

Keith

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net