Re: Irritations and frustrations with improved(?) search functionality

On Sun, 2010-04-25 at 20:22 -0500, Theodore Kilgore wrote:

As I said, the problem is that forward search does not display the dialog
which you say is supposed to pop up. It just wraps without any warning at
all. This may be fixed in a more recent version than I am using, of
course.

As to wrapping the backward search, well, as I said in my other message, I
do not think that is so terribly important. I would much rather have
things fixed which I used to use and they quit working.

Than version that you are using is outdated. We are putting a lot of
effort to maintain a stable 4.7.0.x branch (relatively) bug free, so if
you want an experience that matches 4.6.x as closely as possible in
terms of the behavior and stability you should use this instead of
random git snapshots of the work in progress.

In what concerns backwards wrapping, I checked out on 4.6.x and it
didn't wrap either way. I will file a bug for you.

I will parse the second message later as I get time.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev