Re: mc 4.7.0pre3 support for .tlz archives
- From: "Helmut Hullen" <Hullen t-online de>
- To: mc gnome org
- Subject: Re: mc 4.7.0pre3 support for .tlz archives
- Date: 28 Oct 2009 15:57:00 +0100
Du meintest am 28.10.09 zum Thema Re: mc 4.7.0pre3 support for .tlz archives:
Does anyone happen to know if similar procedures will open a
Slackware .txz file or not?
Slackware 13's mc works fine with .txz packages.
Does "installpkg" work with *.txz packages (it should, of course).
Of course it does.
Ok - the necessary libraries are there.
But the question from here is about how to set up
MC to do the kinds of things with .txz files which it can do with
.tgz files. These include at least the following:
1. F3 shows the directory structure inside the tarball.
2. Enter opens up the filesystem of the tarball, and such things can
be done as to view what is in them, to copy individual files or
subdirectories out of the tarball, and such.
Works since many months.
3. F2 followed by x will extract the contents
Never tried, but should work too.
As I said, these things may very well be possible to set up. But none
of them currently work.
Strange. Very strange (if that cheers you up).
What about a quite new ~/.mc
mv .mc .mc-old
Some entries and files under ~/.mc have changed slightly.
What about the contents of "/etc/profile.d/mc.sh", what about "alias |
It/they should show
And "which mc" should show nothing. "which -a mc" should show "/usr/bin/
] [Thread Prev