Re: [rant] mc in Ubuntu, unusable!

On Monday 26 October 2009 12:35:30 Enrico Weigelt wrote:
hmm, do you have a pointer to their patches ?

No. I found my workaround, which is enough to keep me happy for now.
When Yury has a Karmic package (no hurry, wait until the release, see
if I care :) ) I'll try that one.

Thanks for your replies. No, I wasn't entirely out to bash Debian,
but I sure do wish they didn't deserve it so often. In my particular
area of expertise, Postfix, I see a great deal of trouble and
confusion as a result of ill-considered Debian patches and default
settings. And of course my OpenSSL wound is still fresh. BTW, before
that, I would never have criticized Debian so openly.

I felt that the report of usability was important and topical for
this list. If the bug isn't promptly fixed, it could easily become a
FAQ here. Now we're ready for that. It's bad for the project when a
major distributor puts out a broken package, and I think the project
team needs to know about it.