Re: function for the user menu

On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 18:15 +0100, Uli Armbruster wrote:

I'm relatively new to mc and I love it so far, was able to create profiles to connect to several ftp and
ssh machines etc.

At least for ssh you would normally use ~/.ssh/config and mc will pick
this up automatically.

I would be very thankful, because this feature would kick ass!

You need to create a vfs script for this e.g. flac2oggfs. This is a
pretty advanced level of mc-fu and I guess using Paul's suggestion is
the best way around it unless you're keen on modding mc to death.

If you'll pick the vfs-way you can look at the existing scripts for
usage examples, but be mindful of the fact that this is never going to
be integrated upstream unless you come up with a solution that is
general enough.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev