Re: Mc Digest, Vol 67, Issue 8

On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 11:51 -0500, MK wrote:
chris glur wrote:
What made me immediately feel strange/negative towards Debian, is
that it didn't install mc & gpm by default.

I think if you look around you will find MOST current distros do not
 install mc by default, because MOST linux users do not use it.  This
 was less true 5-10 years ago.  I installed Fedora 10-64 in January and
 (at least at that time) there was not even an .rpm package available
 -- I had to build from source, which I tend to do anyway, so big deal.

This is NOT true:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/10/Everything/x86_64/os/Packages/mc-4.6.2-7.pre1.fc10.x86_64.rpm

The date it became available is 30-Oct-2008, which means that if you
couldn't install it from base in January 2009, you clearly did something
wrong.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev