Re: Mc Digest, Vol 67, Issue 8

chris glur wrote:
What made me immediately feel strange/negative towards Debian, is
that it didn't install mc & gpm by default.

I think if you look around you will find MOST current distros do not install mc by default, because MOST
linux users do not use it.  This was less true 5-10 years ago.  I installed Fedora 10-64 in January and (at
least at that time) there was not even an .rpm package available -- I had to build from source, which I tend
to do anyway, so big deal.

Most users do not like console apps and do not need gpm either.

Maybe you need to create your own distro :D or switch back to one that better suits your purposes.  There is
a good reason for diversity, take advantage of it.

--
MK <halfcountplus intergate com>