Re: Bold/bright colors don't work as background.

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009, Josh Rickmar wrote:

To: Keith Roberts <keith karsites net>
From: Josh Rickmar <joshua_rickmar eumx net>
Subject: Re: Bold/bright colors don't work as background.

On Thu, March 19, 2009 5:13 pm, Keith Roberts wrote:

OK.

On Fedora 8 and higher I have had problems with colors in mc
as well.

What fixed it for me was this:

# set the font to 16 colors for mc to work ok.
setfont lat1-16

You will need to restart mc for the setfont lat-16 command
to take effect.

Where do I need to put this? In my ~/.mc/ini ?  Because setfont isn't a
command on FreeBSD...

To make the change permanent after a re-boot, fire up mc and
edit /etc/sysconfig/i18n file to the following value

I don't have a sysconfig folder in either /etc or /usr/local/etc .

SYSFONT="lat1-16"

I'm not running FreeBSD Josh.

Maybe you could try a FreeBSD list or forum, and ask if it's possible to set the value for the system font?

Googling for:

FreeBSD set system font

returns some interesting matches :)

HTH