Re: Bold/bright colors don't work as background.

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009, Josh Rickmar wrote:

To: mc gnome org
From: Josh Rickmar <joshua_rickmar eumx net>
Subject: Bold/bright colors don't work as background.

I am trying to create my own color scheme for Midnight Commander, but am
having some trouble with the colors.  When setting the background color
for "normal" (normal, dnormal, helpnormal, etc.), it seems to only work
when using the "regular" version of the color, not the bold or bright
variant.  For example, I want to set the background of my dialogs
(dnormal) to gray (the "bold" version of black), but it uses black
instead.  Likewise, if I use "white" (the bright variant), then it will
use "lightgray" instead (the regular terminal white).

Is this a bug in mc, or this intentional?

I am using Midnight Commander 4.6.2 built from FreeBSD ports.  It's
currently built against ncurses, but if that is causing the problem, I can
use a different library instead.

--
To send me a personal email, please place [personal] in the Subject line.