cursor not visible

Hi,

I'm using gnome-terminal so my cursor is not visible when <--> characters are displayed.
I saw a discussion about color spaces etc, so I was wondering what the currect status is of this bug.
I tried running mcedit on the console, but then I don't see any tab characters at all. Why is that?
From the discussion, the console seems to work fine for most people.

I was also wondering when the patch which adds configuration options for the tab display will be available
in a release.

Kind regards,

Remco Poelstra