Re: mc and svgalib

Saith Chris Glur:
Try to write in a less flowery style.
What does "tap onto an image" mean ?

Dunno what it means to you, but to me it means moving the cursor (the moving differently-coloured bar) onto a file name and hitting Enter.

I seems that you want to use mc to select & view <graphicFiles> ?
And that you hope to use a utility called zgv ?

No. I AM using an utility called zgv. The underlying trouble I referred to earlier is that after a long period of using mc on my system (a rather trailing-edge Linux), output from certain programs begins to disappear when are launched by opening a file with the Enter key. Eventually, things wedge shut and I have to exit and restart mc.

So to confirm that zgv is available/usable you could try:
<zgv's-path/zgv> <path&nameOfSomeSuitableFileImage>
Of course, using mc this needs only a few key strokes.

Try to 'move forward' from a known good state towards your destination.
Eg. can you view 'any' of the special file formats: *.doc, *.pdf, *gif ..etc,
  by using mc's <F3> or <enter> ?

Easily. I did compile and install the needed stuff. Except for .etc - never seen any.

Reynir H. Stefánsson (reynirhs mi is)
--
It's always five o'clock somewhere, especially if you go by the sun.