Re: restarting in X Terminal

Hello,

Sunday, March 2, 2008, 4:52:55 PM, you wrote:

I use mc in Terminal 0.2.6 under xorg ("Terminal -e mc"), but i know
this problem applies, eg. in xterms et. al.

If i quit out of X with mc on once, EVERY subsequent instance starts at
console size within the (much larger) terminal window, forcing me to

Every instance of which program ?

open a tab, start mc (which now starts proper size), and then close the

Do you mean that MC doesn't detect the terminal size properly ?

other tab. The (more) irritating part is that now the panel directory
does not count as the fresh tab directory...and this behavior does not
reset until i reboot, even if mc is cleanly exited a number of times.

I do not really understand what you are talking about.