Re: Mc Digest, Vol 46, Issue 5

Mikolaj Machowski gets some of it:
Don't know how you are calling vim in that scope but you can easily map something to F10 to quit and change colorscheme.

surprise to me also that vim became the default view (ie. "use internal viewer=0") although i have no "$VIEWER" defined

i also take that to mean that you yourself don't copy out of mcview (because no one can, i guess); this is ridiculous and i can't believe that the product has continued at all with this fault even if it is the best filebrowser ever.

"vim" shows up with it's own color scheme (the same as the one i'm already using); i don't want to "quit" or change anything at that point (mc included) any more than i would want to adjust my rear view mirror every time i turn a corner.

i hope the reasoning is clear: i use mc to BROWSE FILES while adjusting code and i don't want to concern myself with unnecessary issues such as confusing the window i'm working in with the window i glanced at, or with controlling some program mc has to call because of the unnecessary limitations in the viewer. IN FACT I DON'T KNOW OF ANY OTHER APPLICATION, FROM "LESS" TO "GEDIT" TO "FIREFOX", THAT DOESN'T ALLOW A MOUSE TEXT COPY IN (where applicable) BOTH X AND GPM. What's the problem?