=?us-ascii?Q?overwriting=20read=20only=20files?=

For better protection I backup files as read only. Unforunatelly they cannot be overwriten by newer versions
using MC until I change they chmod to "write". Is there any possibility to configure MC such that the change
of chmod is not necessary?

It seems to be a bit strange behavior of MC: the read only files are not overwritten at all but (if I ask)
are deleted without any warning. I prefer the same action in both situations: a warning but after confirming
doing what was given.

ludolf