Re: filename completion

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 04:28:55PM +0100, wwp wrote:
Hello Pavel,

On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 16:22:45 +0100 "Pavel Tsekov" <ptsekov gmx net> wrote:

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 15:10:07 +0000
Von: "Jack Wootton"
Betreff: filename completion

6.3 How can I complete commands, file names, variable names and so on?

   Just press M-Tab.  Press M-Tab again to get a listbox if there are
   multiple possible completions.

M-Tab means Alt + Tab :) If your desktop or terminal catches Alt + Tab you can use Esc + Alt + Tab
instead.

Esc? You mean pressing Esc as if it was a modifier key? That doesn't
work here, or I must have misunderstood something (I tried w/ Esc
'cause Alt+Tab is caught by my window manager).

Press Esc, then release the key, then press tab.

btw I really would liked an option to swap the meanings of Esc + Tab and
Tab. That would be less Norton Commander like but more Unix like...

bye

--

Marco Ciampa

| Linux User  #78271 |