Possible to code in mpq-support?

Greetings, although it's filetype that is mostly used in windows, i wanted to ask if someone could add support for the r *M*ike *O'*Brien *Pack*, format short mpq. There is already a plugin for totalcommander under windows, and a wonderful archiver running under windows as well , which you can find together with a c++ library supporting this format under http://www.zezula.net/en/mpq/download.html , some documentation and links are listed in the wikipedia-page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPQ . I think it would be a nice addition for example for all those people like me, that want to mess with and look through the archives delivered by blizzard with their famous games without having to use wine or even reboot to nasty windows.
Kind Regards
Sam