Re: Thank you to the author of MC

Willie McKemie wrote:

without mc I'd not likely be using Linux. It's no mere
crutch, but rather foundation. Distro packagers who don't include it in
default installs are fools.

I agree. That would be Ubuntu. I use Ubuntu almost exclusively now. The first thing I do on a fresh install is use vi (terrible unintuitive thing that it is) to edit /etc/apt/sources.list. Then install mc. Then, I can easily edit other files needing customization.

Please add my name too. mc is my favorite shell command :-)
Without mc there would be *much* harder to use Linux for me.

What we can do to promote mc more, help other beginners
to see the light? And lobby to make mc included by default?

--
Peter Masiar

A: Because it messes up the flow of reading.
Q: Why is top-posting often frowned upon?