Re: Odd behaviour by patched 4.6.1 on Slackware 8.1

Hello,

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007, Reynir Stefansson wrote:

I recently installed Slackware 8.1 on an agong MMX/233 box. Since it has
mc 4.5.55, I decided to upgrade it to 4.6.1. FYI, this distro has kernel
2.4.18, gcc 2.95.3 and glibc 2.2.5.

mc 4.6.1 patched with either the 2007-01-04-16 or the 2007-03-09-18
patch can't move the subshell to the directory the active pane shows
("Can't change to <dir>.". A stock 4.6.1 does not have this problem.

Apply the patch from the link below and report back whether it
helps:

  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/mc-devel/2007-March/msg00000.html

Oh, and here's an oddity that has had me wondering for a long time: Why
is it that hopping between panes with each pane on a different directory
and shelling out each time without doing anything causes the prompt to
bunch up when on the console, but not if you run mc via ssh? In fact,
running under ssh has a different problem: If you shell out more than
once in the same directory, again without doing anything, the prompt
disappears and the cursor falls to the left.

I'll see what's going on.