Changing remote directories --- pFTP

Greetings to all,

I am currently using MC Version 4.6.1-pre4 on Slax. I previously used it on Knoppix and didn't have the following problem. When changing directories on the remote system by hitting Enter on top of the appropriate dir nothing happens. To be precise, on top of the file list it does change from " /#ftp:username domain" to "/#ftp:username domain/dir", but nothing else, even upon rescanning.

Just in case, the VFS settings are the default values: only "Use ~/.netrc" and "Use passive mode" are checked. (I think this was the same in Knoppix.)

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Martin