SegV on editing

I munged something on the Linux box today that has screwed up the login, so that the *user* accounts (fortunately not root) aren't initialised completely. "I have no name!" &c.

This affects mc as well. The moment I make a change to a file in the internal editor, it coughs and dies with a segvee. I'm guessing something isn't completely validated in setting up the warning link. Obviously, fixing it is a Simple Matter Of Programming... ;-)

Anyway, be aware that if you're a horse with no name, mc's internal editor likely won't.

Reynir H. Stefánsson (reynirhs isl is)
--
I'll defend to the death your right to say that, but I never said I'd
listen to it! (Tom Galloway, with apologies to Voltaire)