Re: DAR plugin

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006, Stefan wrote:

I'd like to know if there are others who would use DAR (DiskARchiver)
support in MC.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dar/      http://dar.sourceforge.net/

Yes! There are others like you who need DAR support. This question has
been asked several times and there is a bugzilla entry on savannah too:

http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=15057

Unfortunately, so far noone has provided a patch. I guess this feature
will be implemented at one point but I cannot tell when....

I mean, like TAR fs support, just pressing enter on a "file.tar" shows
you the content.

I'm using DAR for big daily backups, and this feature in MC would be
just great for easier restoring. (Kdar crashes often, under cygwin)

I tried, but I don't know how to create such a plugin.  Any volunteer?

P.S. Please, do not cross post.