Re: ftpfs and '.' and '..' directory entries

Hello,

On Sun, 9 Jul 2006, Frank Dietrich wrote:

when I access an FTP server which include in the directory
listing the '.' and '..' entries I only see the directory name. When
I change into this directory I only see the directory itself as an
infinite loop.

Example:
- on the FTP server exist only the directory /SOURCE
- cd /#ftp:user ftp_server
- I see the directory SOURCE
- cd SOURCE
- I see only the directory SOURCE again (if I change into this
directory I'm again one the step 'cd SOURCE' above)
- if I copy a file to this directory, it will be saved on the right
place, but it's also not visible in the mc file list
- if I use a normal CLI ftp client and make an 'ls' I see
 .
 ..
 SOURCE

Maybe the mc stumbles on the '.' and '..' entries? How can I use mc
with ftpfs and such server (I can't change anything on the server
side)?

I tried it with MC from CVS but couldn't reproduce it. Would you mind
running MC with ftp logging enabled and sending the log file to the list ?
To enable logging use the -l option when running MC:

 -l, --ftplog=ARG       Log ftp dialog to specified file

Thanks!