Re: mc+ACL

Just for curiosity, could you please describe the environment on which you
run mc? OS, filesystem, processor and why you need ACLs?

PLD Linux -, 2.6.18
Filesystem - ext3
Processor... hmmm - strange question :) 2 x Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.20GHz

why?...
- much more secure (much less people know acl :> )
- flexible (for example 2 users have access to the same dir - and I do not have
to make a group for them).
- simple backups - I can backup my whole system not as a root user - just by
adding user who can read everything - without write privilage

just imagine the situation - you have one folder - you have a group of users and
want some users just to have read rights and some of them read-write - how you
are going to make it without using acl? ;)

BR,

---
Marcin Rybak