AW: tgz - "no space left on device" on "managed server"!

Hi,

thanks to all for the quick response.

I run in troubles with a preinstalled version 4.5.55 on two of my
customers managed servers.

It is not possible to view tgz-archives bigger than 256MB.
I presume this is due to the fact that the /tmp directory has only
this size.
Im not able to change the size of this directory on this
type of server.

Is it possible, with any parameter, to use another working direcory
than /tmp?
Or any other solution?

In your ~/.bashrc

    mkdir -p ~/tmp
    export TEMP=~/tmp

I regret to say that this tipp will not work in my environment.

I'm going to guess bash shell here. If you use a different
shell you should also know how to look things up for
yourself. With bash:
    export TMPDIR=$HOME/tmp

This one works. :-) Thanks a lot for help.

Best regards
namtscho