Re: File exists: duplicate key accel; and a feature request

Hello Pavel,

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 12:00:44 +0300 Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov gmx net> wrote:

Hello,

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, wwp wrote:

BTW I would like to submit a feature request..

When a file I/O error is encountered (several possible reasons as for
instance: not being able to set permissions when copying a file from ext2
to vfat, but it could be any read or write error), we get a Skip/Retry/
Abort dialog. Would it be possible to add a [skip All] that would skip
all further errors that match this one? That would be really user-
friendly, IMO.

I second that. In fact a was going to raise this issue in the mc-devel
list in a couple of days, but I wanted to look at the code first. It is
not only ext2 -> vfat issue, it happens also when you copy files over nfs
and I guess in other similiar cases too. This behaviour is really annoying
indeed!

Yep, I was not only dealing w/ this specific situation of copying file from
ext2 to vfat (it was nothing but an example). Any kind of I/O error will
produce this skip/retry/abort dialog, and to me it would be nice to be able
to skip all for each of the possible errors. Glad to see that I'm not the
only one who wish such feature!

Regards,

--
wwp