mcedit and spaces filled tabs

Hi

I've just set mcedit to fill tabs with spaces. There is one question: how do you erase a single tab at once? Say there is a line with two tabs that should have only one. Now I can either erase a tab space by space (which is slow and error prone) or set "backspace through tabs" which will erase all the tabs in the line (or press alt + backspace which has the same effect: all the tabs are gone). However, I want to erase exactly one tab with a single action.

Krzysztof Duleba