Re: Screen refresh problem with mc display of sendmail qf files

Hi Leonard

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005, Leonard den Ottolander kindly wrote:

My current problem is with mc version 4.6.1-pre3 in Debian when viewing
a qf file in the sendmail mail queue.

<snip>

Why Debian hasn't upgraded mc to 4.6.1 release is beyond me. Quite a few
issues have been solved between pre3 and the release.

I hope that someone does listen - I will post the suggestion to one of the
Debian mailing lists.

Anyway, regarding the redrawing issues you are seeing: Since 4.6.1
Roland Illig has made quite a few changes to the viewer. Please grab a
recent CVS tarball from
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/utils/file/managers/mc/snapshots/ and
see if that improves matters.

Thanks for that tip.  I found that I also needed to copy over various
extra files from the original package that were omitted from the above
version (eg all the files in /usr/share/doc/mc, /usr/share/mc, the man
pages in /usr/share/man/man1, and a couple of others).  Perhaps I was
being a little too clever by downloading the rpm and then using rpm2deb to
convert it to a Debian package before installing that rather than using
the tarball.

Once I had loaded the above extra files I found it solved the display
problem mentioned.

Regards

Jim Holland
System Administrator
MANGO -  Zimbabwe's non-profit e-mail service