Re: Screen refresh problem with mc display of sendmail qf files

Hi Jim,

On Sun, 2005-12-11 at 17:29 +0200, Jim Holland wrote:
I have now moved to using Debian Sarge 3.1, following problems with Red
Hat and derivatives since version 8.  Debian is a dramatic improvement for
someone who wants to manage a server in console mode rather than using a
GUI and wants to use utilities such as mc.

As I pointed out to you before the issues you were having are character
set issues (more specifically the usage of different character sets on
both ends). Setting LANG to something like a more conservative
en_ZW.ISO-8859-1 instead of en_ZW.UTF-8 (or something like that) on RH
and derivatives would have most probably solved your issues.

My current problem is with mc version 4.6.1-pre3 in Debian when viewing
a qf file in the sendmail mail queue.

<snip>

Why Debian hasn't upgraded mc to 4.6.1 release is beyond me. Quite a few
issues have been solved between pre3 and the release.

Anyway, regarding the redrawing issues you are seeing: Since 4.6.1
Roland Illig has made quite a few changes to the viewer. Please grab a
recent CVS tarball from
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/utils/file/managers/mc/snapshots/ and
see if that improves matters.

Leonard.