Re: Mc Digest, Vol 4, Issue 3

   Is there a way to have only ONE panel in MC?  I searched but
couldn't seem to find this option, and I am unable to specify
Options->Layout->Panel Split to fully hide one of the panels?  I find
that when viewing directories with many files I would prefer to see as
many files as possible.  Perhaps then toggling to another view with two
panels when copying and such.

Just press <ESC> T, and you have your one panel. But that is propably
not exactly what you want. I don't think there's a multi-column
one-panel mode in mc-4.6. You may fill out a bug report on this, but I
guess it won't get a priority too high. ;) I like the idea.

I must agree that it'd be very nice to have a single-pane mode with a wide
name field and the usual size and mtime fields far right. I do quite often
deal with file names longer than 37 chars, being an avid reader of fanfic.

Also, re '.mc/filepos': When the pointer is at BOF (shown as 1;0) on exit,
would it not be smarter to exclude the file just edited from 'filepos'?
Pointer-at-BOF is the default for new entries anyway, na?

I shall wait until later to grumble about the viewer.

Reynir Stefánsson (reynirhs mi is)