Re: Alt-key combinations in console not working

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Daniel Mahu wrote:

When I use the console terminal the key shortcuts prefixed Alt-Shift do
not work. The Alt key does work in combination with letter keys though.
This doesn't happen in xterm under X.

I'm sure this problem has nothing to do with mc, but i've no idea where
else to ask it. I would appreciate any hint.

See documentation for the console of the OS you are using.  Consoles are
often not so feature rich as terminal emulators because they are
implemented in the kernel.

If there is a way to read key modifiers, you may try to add support for
your OS to src/key.c.  Currently Linux and QNX support is implemented.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin