colors and keys in MC and xterm

Hi,
I have ASP-Linux9 (RH based) on my PC (Celeron450, Windows-compatible keyboard).
I am using xterm and MC. I had a problem with keyboard in xterm
(<ENTER> on numeric pad doesn't work (displays "M" instead of <ENTER>)
in the MC when it launched by xterm).

Using README.xterm I've tried to follow their recommendation and launched
"tic xterm.ti". As a result I have not solved the problem but add new one:
my MC become colorless. I can't anymore discover the docs. Please help me.
What should I do to recover my previous TERMINFO files (I mean to recover
colors) and to solve a problem with my keyboard?

Best regards,
 Vyacheslav