Re: aliases

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Jan Brezina wrote:

I'm running mc-4.6.0 on AIX. In my ~/.profile I have my favourite
aliases, but when I have started "mc", another aliases are in game.
Where thay come from? Is there any way to keep that from .profile? I use
ksh, but bash do the same thing.

There is not enough information to make any informed conclusion.

Try running bash from another bash and see what aliases you have.
.profile or .bash_profile is run in login shells, while .shrc or .bashrc
is run when you don't login.  That may be the reason.  Put aliases to
.bashrc and source it from .profile to make sure you have the same aliases
in the login shell.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin