Re: clear revisited

On Wed, 13 Nov 2003, A.J. Bonnema wrote:

A while ago I supported someones claim that exiting mc in a terminal
left the cursor in the middle of the screen and did not correctly save
the cursor position.

At the time it seemed that this was a problem of the gnome terminal.
When I changed to xterm, the problem disappeared.

However, I have found, that in 1 case the problem still exists in xterm
too. If you start out not maximized, create a full display, f.i. using
"ls -l" in a big directory, then do mc and maximize, then exit mc, it
will not return correctly. I have to do a "clear" to not have the next
output being mixed with the previous output.

Support for screen resizing is very incomplete.  If you test
systematically the effect of screen resizing on other features, I'm sure
you will find bigger problems.  For example, try the same thing, but set
TERM=vt100 before running mc.  There will be parts of the panels remaining
after mc exits.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin